Answer by Casie Levine:
A couple more qualities:
- Professional skepticism. In auditing, you are expected to be alert to any potential fraudulent activity. Question everything.
- Continuous learning. Stay relevant by keeping up with current accounting news and guidance.
- Expert Excel skills. Make your life easier by mastering macros for repetitive tasks.
- Learn through teaching. The best way to solidify an accounting skill set is to teach a more inexperienced person.
- Ability to network. The more people you know in the field, the better.